Neith"s Crafty Creations - image created with Club Scrap DigiDeluxe Refresh and Serengeti Kits

Monday, May 28, 2007

Cherished Toys - Vintage Layout

I'm getting ready to get rid of a bunch of the kids toddler toys, including some that are very special to me! So, I did a fast little photoshoot this morning and here's the result!

Cherished Toys Layout


If you noticed, I edged EVERYTHING with the Van Dyke Brown Ink Pad... especially the Chipboard. There's nothing like turning a page and seeing the ugly side colors (although, sometimes I like that color to show)! I also altered my photo in Photoshop Elements with the Filters > Artistic > Cutout and then proceeded to etch an inside border into the printed photo with my Chizzel-It. I think it helped bring a more vintage feel to the photo of bright toys and helped it flow with the papers better. One other big tip, when you have heavy elements on your layout, use Crafter's Pick The Ultimate! glue. The hold is incredible, plus, one little bottle lasts so long!

Supplies Used:
  • Scrapbook Takeout - Passion for Paisley 3/7 American Crafts Downtown Orange Ribbon & Sadie Flower; Journal Jammers 4/7 Stamp;
  • Club Scrap - Rhapsody 3/7 Yellow Paper; Paisley 3/6 Burnt Orange Paper; LMCTW 2/7 Light Cherry Paper;
  • K&Co - Kazoo Kids Scrap Pad To Go; Words & Sayings Chipboard To Go;
  • Making Memories - Ribbon Charms Round #1;
  • Michael's - Value Ribbon;
  • Ranger - Van Dyke Brown Nick Bantock Ink Pad;
  • Provo Craft - Chizzel-it;
  • Crafter's Pick - The Ultimate! Glue

No comments: