Neith"s Crafty Creations - image created with Club Scrap DigiDeluxe Refresh and Serengeti Kits

Friday, February 2, 2007

I Love You. I Love You. I Love You.

I Love You. I Love You. I Love You.


Be Mine?

If you couldn't guess already, I adore the set of photos that I used on the layout! I've blogged it, I've made a mini page for a Multicultural 6x6 Layout Swap (the wreaths were made as part of learning about Swedish Midsommar celebrations), I've even put it on a mug! But this is my first layout of it for our album!

Unfortunately, the scan does brighten the blue ribbon and the painted chipboard... in real life they are more muted! Anyhow... I created this layout as part of the weekend's Crop-O-Rama at About.com's Scrapbooking Forum! We were challenged to have specific numbers of certain page elements! Here are the contents!

5 Embellishments:
  1. Scrapbook Take Out 2/07 Kit Fancy Pants Biggest Board Chipboard Flourishes
  2. Club Scrap Let Me Count The Ways 2/06 Sage & Dark Cherry Printed Cuts
  3. Club Scrap The Written Word 11/05 Decorative Tape
  4. Making Memories Pewter Decorative Brads
  5. Making Memories 1/8" Pewter Snap
4 Papers:
  1. Club Scrap Let Me Count The Ways 2/06 Aqua 12"
  2. Club Scrap Let Me Count The Ways 2/06 Sage 8.5"
  3. Club Scrap Let Me Count The Ways 2/06 Dark Cherry Solid
  4. Club Scrap Let Me Count The Ways 2/06 Light Cherry Printed Matte
3 Pictures - Desaturated but the color was added back to the blossoms.

2 Types of Ribbon:
  1. Scrapbook Takeout 2/07 Kit Fancy Pants Vintage Summer Ribbon
  2. AC Moore Bargain Ribbon
1 Big Flower:
  1. Scrapbook Takeout 2/07 Kit Prima Petal Poetry Flowers & Quick Picks
Inks - Ranger: Coffee Archival; Latte & Raisin Adirondack Ink Pads; Aqua & Lettuce Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers; Clearsnap: ColorBox Chiffon White;

I inked the edges of all the mattes and then I painted the chipboard with the Lettuce first, then inked it with the Latte and Chiffon White Ink Pads, allowed it to dry and then swiped small specks of Aqua paint and wiped off most of the Aqua. In real life it matches the layout very nicely!



I used scraps from the layout to create a card! Both work towards this weekend's Crop-O-Rama online crop at About.com's Scrapbooking Forum... but the card is covering a few challenges!

First, I used this Color Scheme Generator to pick my colors. I used #88974E and the Harmonious Colors of #4E6497 and #814E97 to come up with a sage, a denim blue, and an eggplant purple, then went to work on the stamped image.

Using Ranger's waterproof Archival Ink, I stamped the image and then colored in the image with my Niji Waterbrush & Adirondack Ink Pads, diluting the same inks for the background and then edging the paper directly with a pad. I hunted around for leftovers and added a new strand of fiber and a snap to finish it off!

Supplies are:
  • Club Scrap - Nature's Wonders 5/06 Sr. Tulips In a Row Stamp; Let Me Count The Ways 2/06 Sage 8.5" Print & Sage Cuts; Wheel & Sprocket 8/06 Purple Plain; Culinary 3/04 White Plain;
  • Scrapbook Takeout 2/07 Prima Petal Poetry Quick Pick Flowers;
  • Ranger Adirondack Ink Pads in Denim, Eggplant, Lettuce, & Pesto; Ranger Archival Ink Pad in Coffee;
  • Niji Waterbrush;
  • Making Memories Grape 1/16" Snap
  • Crop-A-Dile
  • Katia Sevilla #29 606117

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE "I Love You." Just stunning. Also fun to see all the different takes on the one stamp- great stuff!