Neith"s Crafty Creations - image created with Club Scrap DigiDeluxe Refresh and Serengeti Kits

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Be My Valentine

100 Things Cover, Club Stamps 01/07 Fizz Project

A friend inspired me to make my husband a list of one hundred things that we love about him. And, since I was dying to play with the latest Club Stamp 01/07 Fizz Stamper's Project: Pocket Book, I decided to combine them!

The project combines a CD Literature Envelope with a host of embellishments and a variety of suggestions for how to use them! I chose to use the simple accordion spine, slid into the pockets of the CD Literature Envelope to make a small book with 6 inner pages.

I took advantage of the semi-glossy covers on the CD Literature Envelopes to apply Ranger Adirondack Cranberry Alcohol Ink to them, diluted with Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution. I then embellished the covers with additional Club Scrap 01/07 Fizz items including Club Stamp Cutouts, Circle My Heart Stencil, American Craft Silver Metallic Marker, and papers in Black, White Translucent, Dark Pink, and Light Pink. I also used Club Scrap Valentine's Day 2007 Love Stamp, Stewart Superior Palette Hybrid Ink Pad in Noir Black, Score-It, ColorBox Stylus Tool with Sponge Tips, Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink Pad, Pink Venice Daisy Ribbon, Moda Dea Ticker Tape Art. R117 in Pink Passion, and Scrapbook Takeout 02/07 Spring Fling's Prima Petal Poetry & Fancy Pants Biggest Board Chipboard Flourishes.
100 Things Cover, Club Stamps 01/07 Fizz Project

On the inside of the book, I also used Club Scrap 01/07 Fizz's Still Love You Tomorrow Sr Heart Stamp, CSt Circles & Heart Collage Stamp, CSt Crazy About Fizz UM Stamps, & American Craft Black Precision Pen, VersaColor Orchid Ink Pad, Sizzix Skooshy Font, plus Scrapbook Takeout 02/07 Spring Fling's Doodle Rubber Stamp Sheet.

Not one to leave my children out of the love, I made the following Valentine's! The girls each received one of the Fizz cards on the left, filled with gushy text inside, while Sebek received the non-traditional 2007 Valentine's Day Kit card on the right.

Three Fizz Love Cards and One Valentine's Day Kit Card

To make the girls' cards from the Club Scrap 01/07 Fizz Kit, I used the Score-It Tool to emboss horizontal lines in the Dark Pink paper every 1/4" and then used direct-to-paper inking with the Stewart Superior Palette Hybrid Ink Pad in Noir Black. I tore strips of Black and White Translucent paper, then edged the white with Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink on my ColorBox Stylus with Sponge Tips. I used the American Craft Silver Metallic Marker with the Circle My Heart Stencil to add the word "love" and I also inked the edge of the scored paper. For one last embellishment, I used the small heart from the CSt Crazy About Fizz UM Stamps on Light Pink paper.

On my son's card, every element is from the 2007 Valentine's Day Kit. I took on a journaling challenge in which I had to write all of the personal sentiments on the outside of the card! On the inside I used the two sentiment stamps from the kit and signed the card one last time!

The kids also had to make 94 Valentine's for their friends and teachers! We managed to make them all for under $10 (if you don't count the ink and the Club Scrap DigiGoodies 02/07 Fizz Kit that Uatchet used to design the insides with)!

Children's Valentine's Cards 2007

This is another batch of cards using the Club Scrap 02/07 Fizz Kit. We used thin strips of either Dark Pink or Light Pink paper from POPs as our base with a printed digital scrapbooking design, on the inside, by my 7 year old daughter, Uatchet! Using factory assembly line style production, we used the Score-It and a Bone Folder to quickly crease and fold all 94 cards, we taped down a strip of Offray Black Feather Edge Satin Ribbon, covered it with a small square of Black paper, and a single flower from just under 2 yards of Pink Venice Daisy Ribbon before tying a bow!
Children's Valentine's Cards 2007


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Valentine sentiments!! Love the New York layout too!

Keianna said...

These projects are super cute. You have been a busy lady.