Neith"s Crafty Creations - image created with Club Scrap DigiDeluxe Refresh and Serengeti Kits

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Carnival ALSB Kit - 6 Fun Summertime Layouts!

Getting back into the swing of things and running around with Summer fun has been keeping me busy!

In the spirit of the Summer and to show you another great new FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit (perfect for a Summer Workshop!) I'm sharing my layouts using the Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit :) I doubled up working on them with some challenges going on at Club Scrap Chat's Camp Ya-Hey-n-So (Wisconsinisms in the title, they only kind of translate to my language!), so you'll see some recycled items in a few of them! You may recognize some of the papers from past kits as this ALSB Kit includes papers from County Fair 7/04, To You With Love 2/04, Extra! Extra! 6/04, Bridges 2/08, and more, plus the stencil from County Fair!

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit, LOs 1 and 2 - Love Tests

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit, LO 1 - Love Tests

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit, LOs 2 - Love Tests


Club Scrap: Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit - ALSB #1 & 2, Dark Blue Plain, Red Plain, Light Blue 8.5x11 Print, Translucent 8.5x11 Print;
Cuttlebug - Paisley Dies;
Ranger: Inkssentials - White Opaque Pen;
Sizzix: Sizzlits - Boxed Brush Alphabet; Recycled Items: Cookie Box and Aluminum Can;

I just love this ALSB design and have used it in so many other ways! It's great for anywhere from 1 to 4 photos per page, or more if you wanted! I could have squeezed more in, but I think this gave a good overview ;) Right after my brother was married, we gathered his new stepchildren, neice, and my kids, plus older family and headed over to Salem Willows. At first we ate together then had the kids play games for a long time, but as everyone was ready to head out we stopped in one of the other arcades where they had a ton of 1 cent through 10 cent machines from long gone eras when it was a honeymoon destination! We made Chris and Stephanie take every possible love test and photo booth pictures before they ran off for a mini-honeymoon without the kids! Then, my girls had to take the love tests, luckily getting all sweet and innocent results.. but I must say that my husband and I scored higher than all the other couples on each test we took ;)


Here are a few examples of the same ALSB instructions used with my own mix of papers and assorted numbers of photos! Please, click on them to see them larger in their own blog article!





Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit, Layouts 3 and 4 - Coney Island

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit, Layouts 3 and 4 - Coney Island

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit, Layouts 3 and 4 - Coney Island


Club Scrap: Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB Kit - ALSB #3 & 4, Light Green Print, Dark Green Print, Red Plain, Newsprint 8.5x11 Translucent Print;
Sizzix: Sizzlits - Boxed Brush Alphabet; Originals - Tickets;
Recycled Items: Cookie Box and Aluminum Can;


The newsprint on this layout is really perfect for our photos! It was during this Twin Day at Coney Island that my girls wound up having two separate photos run in newspapers, one in a local NYC paper and the other nationally! They also had many other newspaper and magazine photographers taking their photos, including one by the clown trash can in the second smallest photo of my layout!

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB, Layout 5 - Fun Fair 2004


Club Scrap: Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB - Cream Print, Dark Green Print, Red Print, Stencil;
Design Originals: Tim Holtz Distressables and Doo-Dads - 0753 Toy Blocks;
Ranger: Inkssentials - Opaque White Pen;


I am not sure why I *needed* to take so many photos of this adorable little ferris wheel, but it sure worked out great for this layout! This is the first year that I let my kids split up at the school's annual Fun Fair and they had a blast going on all the rides with their friends!

Carnival FFC Exclusive ALSB, Layout 6 - 6 Flags


Club Scrap: Bridges 2/08 - Cream Print; Workbench 8/05 - Dark Green Print; County Fair 7/04 - Red Print, Stencil;
Design Originals: Tim Holtz Distressables and Doo-Dads - 0753 Toy Blocks;
Ranger: Inkssentials - Opaque White Pen;


I am not sure who took each photo during this trip to 6 Flags with my friends Shakira and Vernell (two of the three co-owners at Scrapbook Takeout along with Vernell's sister, Francine)... I basically could only ride the Ferris Wheel and Merry Go Round with my heart problems, but I sent them on all of the fastest rides and held their bags while taking tons of photos with their cameras! I must admit that I rotated this layout since I had so many more landscape photos to include. But how great is the gridded green paper for journaling?? I can't write in a straight line to save my life, but this certainly helps!

No comments: