Neith"s Crafty Creations - image created with Club Scrap DigiDeluxe Refresh and Serengeti Kits

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Forget to Take Photos? Never Fear!

Have you ever forgotten to take photos at a special event? Or just been too busy? Why not take a photo of an object that was significant to the event and scrap or blog about it? That's just what I've done, today!

Last night I ran a Cub Scout Den Meeting where we taught our 3rd Grade Bear Cubs how to handle and carve with pocketknives! (You can read all about it at my Myspace Blog!) Obviously, I was a little too busy for a great photo-op, but that's not going to stop me!

Instead, I took my son's pocketknife and photographed it in my brand-new (hand-me-down, but new to me!) Calumet Photo Cocoon, placing the cocoon on top of my large lightbox.

On its own, the photo was a little dull for my blog . . . But team that up with some of Club Scrap's Digital Kits and I have a wonderful mini-layout (4"x6" at full size) for my blog and to add to a 6"x6" Cub Scouting scrapbook later with my son's journalling!

Ivory Elegance 12/06 DigiGoodies Kits to "stamp" the backgrounds. I darkened some of the greens to match my knife better. I also added drop shadows and inner glows (normal mode instead of screen) to the papers and filled the pin in a seperate layer with grey, which I added a Chrome filter to. (Also, remember that you can get very similar physical scrapbooking items for I used Club Scrap Surf's Up! 7/06 DigiGoodies Kit as the base paper, fiber, and tag for my layout, but added transparency images from their Interior Designs 11/06 and Surf's Up! 7/06, Interior Designs 11/06, and Ivory Elegance 12/06!)

I am so proud of all my Bear Cubs and am going to email my Myspace Blog entry to each of the families! They did such an incredible job and I hope that my little digi-layout and message help the families to understand just how attentive the boys were and how much they accomplished!

No comments: